Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Dad 132: Silverado... I'm Driving You Home

(Shoveling?! Dad will use any old excuse to get out of using the elliptical machine! Ha ha! Enjoy his post. -- Tracy)

Derf Here! From a snowy day in the Northeast. Two days ago we experienced 59°. Today, a snow day of 3 to 6 inches total. At least we are halfway through January. A couple weeks and February will arrive. Then the winter is all down hill! Whoopeee!

What a weekend of football we just witnessed. Everything worked out well for the Patriots. No trip to Peyton's Place. Baltimore will present a problem for the Pats. Could go either way. Do believe San Francisco will make the Super Bowl. Hope their opponent is the Pats. Go Pats!!

Great run for the Celtics. Working on six in a row. This winning streak will be the best of the year for them. Guaranteed!

Well, I started to the store this morning to grocery shop. Since it was snowing, I decided to take the pickup, plow and all! Well about 2 miles from home the truck went dead. Of course, I don't carry our cell phone with me. Put the 4-ways on and raised the hood to bang on some relays. You see, I had this problem a while back and had to replace a relay. A couple more tries and it started.

Started down the road again and truck went dead. Managed to turn into a driveway to turn around. This was not easy to do as I lost power steering, etc. After a few tries, the Silverado started and I decided to return to the garage that does my work, if I could make it. Well I made it to the garage, left the engine running. It ran until I shut it off. It would not restart, and I left it dead.

The garage owner gave me a ride home as he was off to a call. Jumped in the car and went to the store. Hope to get truck back later in the day. If I do, I'll plow today. If I don't get truck back today, then I'll plow and clean up after it is repaired.

Talked to sister Deb last couple days as she is in Indianapolis to help while sister Jean is in the hospital. Jean seems to be feeling well. However, body functions are not working properly. Maybe will start working in the near future. Hope so! (I plan on talking to Jean shortly. Keep the prayers coming and I'll keep you posted.)

Not happy about my truck problem and the snow. There is one good thing about it, however. I have an excuse not to do my elliptical workout today. A whole 50 minutes to myself. So happy for the reprieve!

Well, I must go out and do a little shoveling. Hopefully, will be able to plow later today. If not, Lew will have to use four-wheel-drive to enter and exit our driveway. Oh well! Could be worse, I think!

Enough for today! Soooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: