Saturday, July 17, 2021

The Curious Case of the Candy Cane

Last night after Lew and I had both gone upstairs to get ready for bed, Lew asked me, "Where did this candy come from?"

I went to see what he was talking about. There was a candy cane in the upstairs hallway that had not been there when we ascended the stairs.

My initial thought was that Lew had planted it there to give me a mystery to solve, which would have been a unique way to start my vacation.  He denied it multiple times, mainly because I accused him of it multiple times.

I finally accepted the fact that one of the cats had found it and brought it to the hallway.  But where had he/she found it?

Then Lew said, "Something happened here." He was talking about his shoe rack in our closet. Some of the shoes were on the floor. (Cat!) I happened to notice the slippers I gave him for Christmas were still in the clear plastic bag they were packaged in....

Mystery solved! I had included a candy cane with the slippers. It took over six months for a cat to discover it.

(P.S. For those of you wondering why Lew hasn't worn the new slippers yet: He says his old ones are still okay, but close to being retired.... He ordered the new slippers himself, by the way!)

No comments: