Thursday, July 1, 2021

Dad 574: Hot and Cold

(I have a sore throat, so I came directly home after work. Dad has a cold, so something must be going around. He writes today... a Thursday Derf! ~ Tracy)
 
Derf Here! Finishing up another heat wave. Have had the AC on for four days straight. Don't know how we lived through times without AC.
 
Currently I'm at home when normally I would be visiting with Mary Lou. I try to visit her every afternoon from around 2:30 to 5:15 PM. After that time, Mary Lou goes across the hall from her room to eat her dinner, and I disappear to go home. It is not a great time leaving Mary Lou behind. I feel as though she should be with me. I wish this would work out, but it probably never will. It causes me guilt feelings.
 
Kim is visiting her mother alone this afternoon. Perhaps Tracy will stop in on her way home from work. (She often does visit her at this time.) Mary Lou has some good times doing puzzles that are boards with cut outs. She does quite well with those.
 
Joe and Kaelen arrived home yesterday after three days on the road. Joe made the trip without totally destroying his hip and back. For the next three weeks Joe will be attending meetings to prepare him for his hip replacement. We in Maine all wish you well, Joe!
 
Stay tuned for more news.
 
Until next time!
 
Toodle Pip!
 
Derf!

No comments: