Saturday, July 10, 2021

Saturday Summary

Dad has no toes left on his right foot. He is behaving (most of the time) after his surgery yesterday by staying off his feet as much as possible and keeping his foot elevated.

After fighting a cold this past week during which I did not visit my mother, I finally felt like it was okay to visit her today. Dad won't be going in to visit her again until Monday (her birthday!) so we did a FaceTime video chat with him. She enjoyed that.

I did make it to work all week (short week because of the Monday observance of July 4th holiday), and it was not the greatest of times. In addition to my not feeling well, it was also crazy with month-end tasks which we had only four days to do instead of the usual five. But we persevered and completed everything.

Lew and I finished watching the first season of The Chosen. We really enjoyed it. The second season isn't as easy to watch on our television, but I figured out how to mirror my iPhone to it. Modern technology is very fascinating and is wonderful if it works the way it is supposed to.

My Facebook friends are already aware that I did a fun LEGO kit last weekend. (A perfect project when confined to home due to illness.)  I had a blast building this typewriter!

No comments: