Sunday, August 30, 2020

Putt, Putt

Lew enjoys watching golf on television. I will watch with him sometimes, especially when it's the final round of a tournament.

Today we watched the end of the BMW Championship. It was pretty exciting.

Dustin Johnson forced a playoff by sinking a 43-foot birdie putt on the 18th hole. The putt was off to a slow start but picked up speed when it hit a downhill portion on the green. Then it looked like it was going to be right of the hole, but it swerved back to the left and went in.

It was probably the most bizarre, clutch putt I have ever seen....

Until Jon Rahm made a 66-foot birdie putt on the playoff hole to win the tournament. His putt had to be aimed to the left, since he knew the ball would eventually break right. It was a big, curvy route! But that little ball went in the hole. Pretty amazing.

And that's my description of the two putts. I don't think I have a career as a sports writer!

No comments: