Thursday, October 17, 2019

A Correct Forecast

My drive to work yesterday was lovely. It was a beautiful day and the foliage was at its peak. At one point I noticed something moving on the side of the road, so I slowed down. It was a deer! I came to a complete stop as it crossed the road. I waited for a moment, and I'm glad I did because another deer followed! I proceeded slowly and saw there was a third deer, but this one decided not to cross.
 
Today's drive was a little different. After a night of rain and very strong winds, the roads were messy with leaves, limbs, and debris. The trees looked sad. I had to backtrack at one point because the road was closed.
 
As predicted, the storm also caused a lot of power outages. Ours went out at 4:00 this morning and finally was restored at 5:00 this afternoon. There are still a number of outages, so we are fortunate. My workplace did not lose power at all, so it was business as usual today.
 
And now it's time to sleep... after watching a little more baseball....

No comments: