Monday, March 21, 2016

The Madness of March

Okay, okay.... So I know the term "March Madness" is reserved for the NCAA basketball tournament. But March offered another type of "madness" today. This madness was in the form of a snowstorm.

Many area towns cancelled school today. My place of employment was closed to our student population. The roads were very slippery, so Lew drove me to work.

Many of my co-workers had longer-than-normal drives due to road conditions. My supervisor was stuck for half an hour in non-moving traffic when a tractor-trailer didn't make it up a hill and blocked the road. Didn't sound like fun.

By the end of the work day the sun was out, the roads were clear, and Spring had returned.

Go figure.

(Postscript: I love watching the NCAA tournament, by the way. I especially enjoy the first two days, because that's when all of the fun upsets occur. Now that I am a working girl, I wasn't able to stay up as late as I wanted to last Thursday, but Lew and I did watch some of the late Friday games.)

No comments: