Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Dad 296: Toe Be or Not Toe Be

(For the record, I have not yet seen the feet. Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)
 
Derf Here! Enjoying a record-setting winter/spring day. Temps somewhere in the 60s. It is Lew's and my belief that we will no longer see plowable or shovelable snow this year. Nothing in the next week's forecast, so if we do get snow, it will melt rather quickly. We have made it through a very mild winter. Last year about 90 inches of snow. This year less than half that. Ready for Spring.
 
Went to primary doctor a few weeks back to draw blood as I do every year. Last week I had my appointment to get the news on the results. Everything was fine. My cholesterol was not a problem, as has been the case for years. No diabetes and my prostate number is that of a teenager (doctor's words). One problem, however, has gone on for a few years....
 
I finally decided to show my doctor my feet. Several toes needed scraping and all nails needed to be cut. A couple toes had globs of black dried skin called ulcers. Went to foot doctor and he said, "I've seen worse but not much worse." He trimmed all nails and cut off all ulcers. I'm now bandaged up for one week. Don't want to lose toes. Not too concerned about results.
 
Please keep prayers coming for Spouse as she continues to struggle with the results of her stroke.
 
Stay tuned!
 
Until next time!
 
Toodle Pip!
 
Derf!

No comments: