Saturday, February 20, 2016

Lew's Logbook: New Places

(I bought the pants that I wear for Red Pants Tuesday at Marden's!  Enjoy Lew's post! ~ Tracy)

With time on my hands, I decided to go to some local places that I hear people talk about but I have not visited.

First place was the Goodwill store. I had a bunch of shirts that I wanted to donate so I thought I’d take a tour of the store. It’s like a Walmart of used stuff nicely organized and displayed.

My second visit was to Marden’s. This is a store that stocks “surplus” items and you never know what you will find. That is why people go there on a regular basis. I hear that you can score some serious deals if your timing is good. I bought a $2.50 multi-tipped, ratcheting screwdriver. If it works one time I figure I got my money's worth.

My third and last visit of the week was to Trader Joe’s. Must say the store is not my cup of tea. However, I was walking down an aisle and saw my two grandsons and lovely daughter-in-law looking over some flowers. I spent the rest of my time assisting them with their shopping. Turned out to be the best trip of the week.

No comments: