Saturday, February 6, 2016

Lew's Logbook: 2/6/2016

(Thank you, Lew, for writing today's post. And please know this: Matt has a good example to follow.... ~  Tracy)

I was with my son, Matt, and my two grandsons today.

We went to Cabela’s so the kids could see the animals and fish.

Eli decided he was hungry and wanted a ham & cheese sandwich from the little lunch area in the store.

The rest of us did not want to eat pre-made sandwiches in a sporting goods store.

When we tried to talk Eli out of his first choice he went into meltdown mode.

Tears were streaming down his face.

At first his father was using the “you’d better stop that behavior” method, but that was not working.

I observed as Matt went from stern father to understanding dad.

He took Eli in his arms and gently spoke to him.

I don’t know what was said, but the next thing I know, we’re going to McDonald’s (a totally unacceptable option a few minutes ago) and Eli is all in.

Must say, I was a very proud father as I watched my son be a loving dad.

No comments: