Monday, July 6, 2015

Vacation Days #4 and #5

Lew and I watched the entire soccer game last night. Congratulations to the USA Women for winning the World Cup!

Lew told me that was the first soccer game that he has watched in its entirety. (He wasn't counting our nephew's peewee soccer games apparently.)  I remember going to Scarborough High School soccer games when I was in grade school. The boys were the state champions several times.

This morning we went for a lovely walk on the beach. The sand bar was quite accessible and we went pretty far out on it. We turned around in plenty of time to beat the incoming tide. There were no shark sightings, although I kept my eyes peeled for one. I'm not sure if we would even get a shark this far north, but I was taking no chances.

Lew and I split up for the early afternoon. I went with my parents to Mom's first out-patient physical therapy appointment. (Actually it was her second first appointment. She had an evaluation a couple months ago but ended up having therapists come to the house for a bit.) Lew cleaned his motorcycle and then went shopping for plants. He got some boxwoods to plant in the front yard.

Tonight we went for ice cream with our friend across the street and her two young children. Our friend said her parents (or maybe it's her in-laws) have boxwoods and that they smell like cat pee. I hope that our boxwoods won't smell like cat pee. We just replaced our living room flooring because of that smell, so I don't want it wafting into our living room from the front yard....  Stay tuned.

Time to do some reading! I love to read. It's my favorite thing to do during vacation.

Smile!

No comments: