Monday, June 22, 2015

Stunning Putting

Despite all of our social engagements this weekend, Lew managed to watch the U.S. Open on Saturday and Sunday. I even watched the end of it with him last night.

Jordan Spieth won. He's only about 12 years old (I may be off by a decade) and he's already won two major tournaments - the Masters being the first one. So he has a green jacket already, ho hum.

But back to the U.S. Open.... Lew couldn't believe what happened to Dustin Johnson, the last golfer to complete yesterday's final round. He had the opportunity to win... then tie... then MISS an easy putt?! Second place isn't bad, but it's not as good as first.

In Dustin's defense, I don't think any putt would be easy. But then again, I've never played golf. Lew must have gone on for about five minutes saying a variation of the phrase, "I CAN'T believe he MISSED that!" But he did miss, and Jordan Spieth is the U.S. Open champion.

And now I know that golf can be exciting.

No comments: