Saturday, June 13, 2015

Pahk the Cah: A Verdict

On Tuesday I wrote about a parking ticket we received in Old Orchard Beach the previous evening. I wasn't able to reach the appropriate person on Tuesday, but he did return my call on Wednesday.
 
I told him my story and I asked that our parking violation be forgiven.
 
He couldn't do it. It was a town ordinance and he didn't have the authority to override it.
 
What other recourse do I have?
 
"You could take it to court, and perhaps a judge will overturn it."
 
Go to court? No.
 
When I insisted there must be SOMEONE I could talk to on the phone that could void our ticket, he said, "Well, you could call my supervisor."

Yes, that would be nice and may I have his name, please.
 
Called the supervisor. He was in! Briefly told him my story.
 
"Send your ticket to my attention and I will void it."

I am happy to at least pay for the two hours of parking.
 
"That would be fine - just enclose a check for $4 made out to the town."

So I did.

CASE CLOSED!

No comments: