Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Pahk the Cah

My good buddy Donna, her husband, and their son are visiting us for a couple days. They came all the way from Kansas! I'm so glad they included us on their trip to the Northeast.
 
Lew and I took them down to Old Orchard Beach last night for "pie and fry." (Yummy as always, by the way.) The parking meters weren't out yet for the season, so we parked my car and off we went.
 
When we got back to the car, there was a bright green parking violation ticket on my windshield!
 
What???!!!
 
We looked around and finally saw a centralized location for purchasing parking receipts (which are then to be displayed on your dashboard). This location was about half a dozen spaces in back of where we parked. We never noticed it, and there wasn't a sign near our actual spot.
 
This is a huge change in how parking was handled for the past 80 bazillion years in Old Orchard Beach: When the meters were out, you paid. When they werent, you didn't. The meters were right where your parking space was. Easy to see and comply with.
 
But now there is a "parking trap" - the ugly twin of the "speed trap."
 
I am appealing the ticket, of course. I left a message and am waiting for a return phone call. We'll see.
 
All in all, the parking fiasco was just a minor irritation during what was really an enjoyable evening. Donna and I stayed up late watching a movie, drinking hot tea, and gabbing... just like the "old" days! :)
 
To do: Enjoy the rest of Donna's visit! (And get out of parking ticket.)

No comments: