Sunday, May 25, 2014

Life's Mixed Emotions

We wrapped up our weekend yard sale today.

Toward the end of the sale, I met a young man who became a first-time father yesterday. The baby boy was born eight weeks early, so he will be in the hospital for a while. Baby Michael is breathing on his own and doing great, considering his early arrival. And he is already very much loved by his daddy! (And by his mommy, too, I imagine.)

I just learned that a sweet friend and her husband lost their beautiful 23-year-old daughter yesterday. My heart is aching for them. Words can't describe their pain. Lew and I are praying that God will grant them the peace and comfort that only He can bring.

Yesterday . . . a new life . . . a lost life.

The Bible verse I needed for today:

"Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn." Romans 12:15 (NIV)

No comments: