Thursday, May 29, 2014

Eye Exam

When I went to the eye doctor two years ago, she told me I could go two years before seeing her again. (I hope it is obvious to everyone that the two years is up!)

When I called yesterday to schedule an appointment, I was able to get one for today.

My goal -- which I immediately shared with my doctor -- was to NOT need new glasses. I've had the current pair for two years (surprise!) and I would like to get the average cost per day down below a dollar.

Fortunately, I met my goal. My left eye stayed the same, and my right eye changed only a tiny bit. ("Phew!" said my checkbook.)

A couple interesting things that my doctor told me:

1) I have big pupils. Because of this, she didn't need to dilate my eyes. Funny parallel: A dentist once told me I was one of the few people he had seen with a mouth big enough for my wisdom teeth. Hmmm... I was not sure how to take that! (I told my eye doctor this story. She laughed.)

2) My nearsightedness (in both eyes) is so severe that she had to manually enter the readings in her computer. Yep, the drop down menu doesn't go high enough! I am off the charts. Ha ha....

Next eye exam: Two years from now. :)

No comments: