Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Dad 126: Strike Up the Band

(Dad had his yellow-lined pages to me this morning, but I was just able to enter it now. It's not quite as nice outside as when he wrote this, but at least there is no snow. Enjoy Dad's post! -- Tracy)

Derf Here! The day started rainy, but the sun just broke through. Quite nice, actually! From the couch, it looks like a nice spring day. I'm not fooled. I know what is on the horizon! Not too much cold and snow! Please! Last week we had a couple days that stayed below freezing. Then the heat wave arrived and temps in the 50s. Up and down. Like the ups!

Spouse and I attended Josh's concert last night at the high school. (Kind of brings back memories for me as I see him playing trumpet. Those were good days back in the 1950s. Yes, I remember them well.) Enjoyed the numbers played by the concert band. Very happy to attend the performance. Now will wait for Zack's concert as he plays his tenor sax. Don't know when Zack's band will play. We'll wait and see.

Happy for our Indiana family watching their Colts win as time expired. We were fortunate to watch the ending bonus coverage here in Maine. Colts are now assured of a winning season. Quite a turnaround. Wish them "Luck" the rest of the way except when in direct competition with the Patriots.

Mark my words. With all the Patriot injuries, I will not be surprised if they get beaten up by Houston come this weekend. Monday night game, I believe.

Sad story out of Kansas City as Javon Belcher murdered the mother of their three month old, then shot himself in the presence of coach and police officers. Still waiting to hear if he had problems while playing at University of Maine. Sad, sad story! Did get a chance to see his teammate and Illinois family friend Andy Studebaker relate how the tragedy affects all of the Chiefs.

Well, I now have the motor home television in our living room. It is hooked up and is next to the big TV. So I can watch two things at once. It is great for game time. One doesn't need to hear talkative announcers to enjoy the game. So far, it is working out well. Don't miss any games that I want to watch now. Very enjoyable!

My countdown to Christmas has started. Three weeks from today it will be over. Think about that! And then 2013!! Where do the years go? How did they go by so fast? Anyone have an answer? I don't!

Enough for today. More next week. Soooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: