Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Precious Wakeup Call

I received a text message from Kayla this morning. Kayla is the 10-year-old daughter of my friend Trista. Kayla was using her mother's cell phone.

An edited version of our text message conversation:

 

This is Kayla hey

You are up early!

Yeah I know! :) I don't know why though

We will see you at church soon. :)

Say hi to the cat for Kayla ok! :)

I will say "hi" to my cats for you.

Ok

Is your mother awake, too?

When I went into her room...she was awake! Why?

Tell her that I said "Good Morning"....

 

Kayla went on to ask me if Lew was awake and whether I was in the kitchen. (Me? In the kitchen?? LOL!)

I learned later that Kayla did not immediately deliver my "Good Morning" message to her mother.... Drat.... I really wanted Trista to join in on our 5:30 AM texting conversation!

I love my young friends! Blessed....

No comments: