Sunday, September 20, 2020

"Motion" Sickness

Have you ever had motion sickness when not moving?

About 30+ years ago I went to an amusement park with Suzy, Barry (her husband), and a bunch of teenagers that were in Barry's church youth group. While there, Suzy and I went to see a film that was basically a bunch of cars and other types of things going around corners really fast... stuff like that. It made me ill. We were staying overnight in a motel afterwards. Let's just say that I was really glad all of the teenage girls wanted to stay in one room together, leaving Suzy and I to have a room to ourselves. Teenage girls would not have enjoyed being my roommate that night, but Suzy put up with it.

A similar thing happened to me when Lew and I went to see the third Jason Bourne movie in the the theater. There was a really choppy scene of a car chase. I couldn't even watch the last half hour of the movie, because just looking at the screen was making me feel even more sick. I kept my eyes closed while Lew finished watching. I think we made it home before I had to... well, you know.

Today presented another challenge, but I have learned from my past experiences. On our way home from church, Lew wanted to take our vehicle through the touchless car wash. You stay in your vehicle (windows up, or course). 

About half-way through the wash I asked Lew, "Are we on some sort of belt that is moving us along?" He told me we weren't moving; it was the car wash apparatus that was moving down the sides of our vehicle — from the front to the back to the front to the back to the front to the back....

I shut my eyes! 😎

No comments: