Friday, January 18, 2019

Dad 445: A Survival Story (Part 3)

Derf Here! Waiting for 1 to 2 feet of snow this Saturday night and Sunday. Now back to my story.
 
I spent my first night in the emergency room area. Sunday morning I was moved to room 395. Now what was causing my problems? After several tests and conversations, the doctors and nurses figured out why my blood was filled with bacteria. My toe had an infection (in the bone) and this caused my blood cultures to be seriously out of the ordinary.
 
During my hospital stay I had an MRI as well as several other tests (including a camera sent down my throat to check my heart valves). The morning after the MRI my toe was removed. The surgeon believed he got all the infection removed. This was confirmed by the pathology report.
 
I had sepsis. A doctor told me if I didn't come to the hospital when I did I would have been gone in a couple days. This taught me a lesson about why a person should be careful when dealing with a scar or bruise that isn't healing. I learned a lot about my physical body in that week.
 
I am home now and still recovering. In my next post I'll show how my returning home presented other problems. Tune in tomorrow.
 
Until next time!
 
Toodle Pip!
 
Derf!

No comments: