Thursday, January 17, 2019

Dad 444: A Survival Story (Part 2)

Derf Here! Bad storm Sunday! My story below.
 
A few months ago I asked my primary care provider to check my feet. He advised me to go to a foot doctor. I did and the foot doctor got my feet looking all right. Then one toe started to act up with an ulcer. Well, we treated the ulcer for a few weeks. It didn't heal as we had hoped.
 
On Thursday, December 20, I took Spouse for a haircut. Same day I went to the foot doctor to help cure the ulcer. The next day I didn't feel quite right. Then Saturday came and I thought I might have the flu. I tried getting off my bed, slid to the floor, and then I couldn't get up. No strength. Lew tried to help me up. No success. Called 911 and they came along with all my local family members. By an almost unanimous vote (I was the only "no") I agreed to go to the hospital.
 
That decision I made was the right thing to do. I got to the hospital with a 380 blood sugar count and a 102° temperature. Tune in next time to hear how my (forced by family members) decision saved my life.
 
Until next time!
 
Toodle Pip!
 
Derf!

No comments: