Thursday, August 24, 2017

Project Update

My mind has been distracted all week with the project I was assigned last Friday. (See my post, I Get a Project.)

I worked on the project quite a bit on Monday.

Tuesday morning I showed my preliminary efforts to my supervisor. After we met I made some additional changes.

Tuesday night I hardly slept at all. I couldn't stop thinking about ideas to make my spreadsheet work even better.

Yesterday (Wednesday) morning, I immediately started implementing all of my new ideas. My supervisor had set up a late-afternoon conference call with some other colleagues to introduce my spreadsheet, so I was working under a deadline of sorts. When she came in my office midday, I threw my arms over my monitors and said, "Don't look yet!" (She laughed.)

I had something ready for the conference call, after which I began adding even more enhancements to the spreadsheet. I was at work until after 7PM, but I was able to send out a revised version.

Then today... oh, today... more and more ideas going through my head.... But I couldn't do anything with my ideas because I had to get caught up on some of my regular work.

Tomorrow, however, is a new day. I can hardly wait to get back to my project!

I really am a crazy person!

No comments: