Saturday, August 26, 2017

Lew's Logbook: Impulse Buying

(Lew writes today. Enjoy! ~ Tracy)

Normally I’m not an impulse buyer but yesterday they got me.

Who’s “they?”

"They" are the people who study buying habits and do product placement in order to induce impulse buying.

I went to Sam’s Club to look for a book that I wanted (they had it, yeah). As I entered the store there was a huge display of Serta pillow sets. I thought, “I could use a couple of new pillows,” so I grabbed them. Going a little further I saw a display for dish towels. I thought, “We’ve been using the same towels for years,” and I picked up a package. When I got home I realized that I had done some serious impulse buying (didn’t really spend very much).

I can understand why people who are proficient at marketing and product placement are paid good money. It’s because they are so good at taking ours. 😏

No comments: