Monday, August 7, 2017

Celebrating With Aunt Debbie

Today is Aunt Debbie's birthday!

Lew and I took her to the Garage BBQ down the road for a scrumptious dinner out. Aunt Debbie and I had identical meals: pulled pork with sides of cornbread and mac & cheese. I ate my entire meal, but Aunt Debbie brought enough home for her lunch tomorrow.

There is a jewelry store next to the BBQ, and we decided to bop in there after eating. The store belongs to a lovely lady who makes all of the jewelry herself. Aunt Debbie and I both bought a pair of earrings, and I almost bought a ring....

The ring would have been a "you try it on and can't get it off, so you bought it" purchase. The ring went on my finger just fine. But it did not want to come off. The ring cost $112! Uh-oh....

The store owner was more than kind to me. She didn't want me to stress about it; in fact, I think she was more concerned for me than she was about the ring! She gave me some lotion to try, and we even tried the Windex trick. No luck. I told her I live right up the road, so she told me to just bring the ring back tomorrow once I've had a chance to get it off. (My finger was a little swollen by then.)

I told my parents what happened when we got home. Mom smeared a whole mess of hand lotion on me, and within fifteen seconds I slid the ring off my finger. (Thank you, Mom!) The ring has been returned to the store. 😊

And that's how we celebrated Aunt Debbie's birthday.

Happy Birthday to you, Aunt Debbie!

The ring! (Finally off of my finger.)
I really did like the ring, but I guess it was too small. Ha ha!

No comments: