Monday, August 24, 2015

I FINISHED READING IT!!!!!

At approximately 5:14 pm (EDT) yesterday, August 23, 2015, I finally finished reading War and Peace.

I have mentioned this book several times on my blog, the first time being my June 8th post titled "A Long Read."

The word "long" does not begin to describe it.

The page length depends on which hardback/paperback/ebook version you read, but it's safe to say this book is over 1000 pages long.

And how did I like the book?

I enjoyed the "novel" parts, and I plodded through the parts that were theoretical and philosophical in nature.

I am glad, however, that I plodded. Tolstoy was clearly a man of faith in the Almighty God. Good stuff.

This is definitely not a book that I will read again. It is just way too long to revisit. I am happy I read it, though, and I feel more cultured. (LOL!)

One of the best things about this experience is that I don't have to write a paper about it.

I will end this post with a quote from a Seinfeld episode. Jerry says the following to Elaine (she later repeats this later in the show):
Did you know the original title for "War and Peace" was
"War--What Is It Good For?"!

No comments: