Monday, August 31, 2015

Banana Bread Brilliance

I am not known for my baking prowess. Nope. No way.
 
But several weeks ago I had some overripe bananas that I hated to waste. So I looked through my cookbooks (yes, I own some) and selected a banana bread recipe that looked fairly easy.
 
My first effort came out fine. I had enough batter to put in two loaf pans, but the pans were different sizes. One of them finished baking before the other one did, but I was monitoring that. And like I said, the bread came out fine.
 
I used the loaf pans for two more rounds of banana bread since that first effort. Then I decided to try a cake tin and it came out great!
 
I used the cake tin again today, and again I met with success.
 
So, five banana bread attempts and five triumphs.
 
I am a domestic goddess.

No comments: