Monday, August 10, 2015

"Sorry, Aunty!"

I do hope you haven't been holding your breath while waiting for this post. I'm finally going to write about the day of Friday, August 7, 2015. (In other words, I'm going to share a recap of three days ago.)
 
Friday was Aunt Debbie's birthday. We celebrated... twice!
 
The first celebration consisted of lunch and shopping.
 
Kim and I took Aunt Debbie to lunch at Applebee's. We had a delightful waitress who gabbed with us a bit, and I let it slip that "today's her birthday," indicating Aunt Debbie. Several minutes later, the entire wait staff came out singing Applebee's version of a birthday song. As they were walking toward our table, our waitress said, "Sorry, Aunty" (the inspiration for this post title). Kim and I decided right then and there to call Aunt Debbie "Aunty" from now on.
 
We then went shopping at A.C.Moore and the Christmas Tree Shop. I'm not much of a shopper (I'm an Amazon.com gal), but I did enjoy going with Kim and Aunty.
 
The second celebration was an entertaining evening at the ballet.
 
Batgirl Ellen's daughter and nephew are in the Maine State Ballet's performance of Coppélia (final performances are this coming weekend). I asked Aunty if she wanted to go with me, and she said "Sure!" So Friday night we rode to Falmouth and got some culture. It was an excellent show and I'm glad we went. It was especially fun to go with Aunty.

So that was Friday. It was a full day of festivities!

And, in case you're wondering, Kim and I have not been using the new "Aunty" moniker. I just kept it up in this post to tease my aunt.... Sorry, Aunty!

No comments: