Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Dad 171: Got a Brake

(I just returned from errands to find two and a half pages to dictate. So glad I didn't have to type it all in! Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! Kinda cloudy today. Fall is here in the Northeast. Oh joy!

It has been quite a week. The Patriots win with five seconds on the clock. Big Papi hits an eighth-inning grand slam to tie up the Detroit game. Then Salty singles home the winning run in the ninth to even the series at 1-1. Then yesterday Sox win as John Lackey won a 1-0 decision. What a great three days. Now the Sox must continue on to win the series. Go Sox.

In local school football, Zack's team continues undefeated for a 6-0-1 record. That seventh-grade team ended its regular season. I'm not sure about playoffs. I'll let you know. Josh's high school team won a double overtime game 58-57. They went for and made a two-point conversion for the win. A gutsy move. Two games left in the season. They should win the last two and go into the playoff with a 5-3 record. We'll see!

Last week I told you about brake problems with my truck. Well, it was necessary to replace ALL brake lines, hoses and bleeder screws. Very expensive. I have been told I'll have no more such problems. I feel very safe now. This Saturday I'll go to a local truck place to check out my plow functions. Every year they do this for free. They change the fluid, etc. The plow is on now. It is ready for winter. I am not!!

Sister Jean is hospitalized with complications and her Indy family is vacationing. So I'm out of the loop this week. Please keep the prayers coming. They are definitely needed. Thanks.

I must make this comment to our Indy family as they root for the Colts. I now have a special interest in the Colts. A friend of our Illinois family and me is now a member of the Colts. He was with the Chiefs for the last few years. Subsequently he went to Jacksonville and now is with the Colts. Andy Studebaker is now on the special teams. Good luck Colts and Andy. Number 58!

Must quit now to have my egg and tuna lunch. Pepper is ready. No elliptical today as must take Spouse to doctor's appointment. Sooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: