Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Dad 170: Need a Brake

(I just got home from doing some errands. I am happy to report that Dad completed his elliptical workout! Enjoy his post. ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! Enjoying another great fall day in the Northeast. Temp is supposed to reach into the 60s. Experts say it will be warmer the next couple of days.

Well, Josh's high school team won 42-21 last weekend and seems to be improving as the weeks go by. Only three games left before the playoffs. It would be nice to win a couple more. Will be tough this week! Zack's team continues to win and is now 6-0-1.

Sister Deb is back home in Florida and on her way had a good visit with sister Jean and family in Indy. Please keep Jean in your prayers. Thanks.

I'm still working on completing fall projects as I get ready for winter. I spent 90 minutes this morning attaching my three-minute plow on the pickup. Then, to my chagrin, I stepped on my brakes and the pedal went to the metal. Guess I blew a brake line. Drove truck to repair shop with no brakes. Made it with no problems. Got a ride home with Tracy and Spouse as they were at the gift shop handy to repair shop. Everything worked out well. All will be well until I must pay for brake repair. Ugh!

Stayed up late last night watching the Red Sox win their game to continue on to the American League Championship Series (ALCS). They will start the ALCS on Saturday and hopefully complete their run to the World Series. Go BOSOX!!

It's hard to believe but the time has come, once again, to have my egg and tuna lunch. Pepper is awaiting her tuna treat. Found out for sure Pepper was born on May 4, 1997. She is now 16 1/2 years old. She has been a loyal kitty. A true friend!

Must have lunch and then to the misery device. Sooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: