Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Dad 167: Sister's Successful Surgery

(I was out running errands, so I'm just getting around to "Derf" now. I hope the tuna and egg were satisfying! Enjoy Dad's post. ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! Another day in the Northeast that is a "10". Oh, to have this weather year round. Don't think it will happen! In fact, know it won't. What a shame!

Please check Tracy's post from yesterday for the final information concerning her close friend Suzy. Suzy has been a family friend since her college days as Tracy's roommate. Her parents were known to us while students at Gordon College. Heaven is a much happier place today! R.I.P.

Saw Zack's 7th-grade team win again. They now have three wins and one tie. Josh has been elevated to the varsity team for the present time and played well last Friday on both offense and defense. Stayed in at game's end to center for second string. Doing well for a sophomore. Their record is now 1-1. They will play the defending state champs this weekend. Last week's game was streamed online, and I hear that this week's game will be also. Haven't yet decided if I will attend or watch on the computer. I'll certainly attend all home games now that he will be playing a significant role on the team.

Sister Jean successfully went through her surgery on Monday and is now in recovery mode. The professionals are attempting to regulate all functions. It still is a struggle and prayers are still requested. The next few days are critical. I should add that the doctor was very pleased with his work. He said he found exactly what he expected. Good words to hear from the surgeon. Now want to hear good words from the recovery experts!

Starting to do my fall projects to get ready for what will be here in a few weeks. Maybe even snow! What? Did I just say "snow"? Better put my plow on and be ready. Fall starts this weekend. Oh Happy Day! I can't wait! Time to service the truck. Will do Friday!

Must close now to have my delicious lunch consisting of tuna and egg. Pepper likes the tuna part. Sooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: