Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Dad 165: Sports, School, Sister, Status

(It's now time to plan my errands to avoid getting stuck behind yellow buses. Enjoy Dad's post! -- Tracy)

Derf Here! Enjoying a fabulous pre-fall day here in the great Northeast. Weather is so good Lew went to work on his motorcycle today. Won't be too many bike riding days left. Another month or so and the cycle will be put in mothballs for the winter. Did I just say winter? Fall isn't even here yet! Not too far away though. Good grief! Ready for spring? I am! Must get back to reality.

Zack has had two 7th grade football games and his team has won both of them. Josh's high school games start this weekend. Hope Josh will play full-time on the JV team and will also get some playing time on the varsity squad. We'll see. One thing is sure: the games will keep me very busy. Sounds like fun.

School is back in session now and all activities seem to be going well for Kaelen and Kelsey at Eureka College. Same goes for Josh and Zack. Hoping for another great school year. Bring it on!

Sister Jean still seeks your prayers as she waits for her September 16th operation. Hope nothing happens in the next week or so that will prevent the doctor from operating. Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

As I said last week, I was back on the elliptical machine yesterday and will do my best to faithfully work out on the machine as close to a daily basis as possible. Not too happy about this, but it is necessary. Must work on my "greek god" status. Never will attain this status. I will keep trying! Yes, I will!

Don't have a whole lot to say today. This makes my editor and proofreader very happy. I'll try to have more next time. Soooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: