Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Dad 166: A Little Bit of Everything

(I skipped out on the elliptical machine today, too. Enjoy Dad's post! -- Tracy)

Derf Here! Another hot sunny day in the Northeast. Could hit 90° today. Already about 88°. Possible damaging thunderstorms later today. We'll wait and see. Do have our AC on today. Doubt if we use it again this year. Will store for the winter shortly.

I will now take a break while Pepper and I have our tuna lunch. I will return to complete my blog in about 30 minutes.

{Interlude.}

About 30 minutes have passed and here I am again. We enjoyed our tuna and I also had a boiled egg. I now must complete this blog.

I will not be ellipticalizing today as it is a very hot, humid day. Thank you for the hot, humid day. Promise to get back to the elliptical tomorrow. I really do promise. Must do at least three days each week. Try for five!

Was able to see Josh and Zack play football this past week. Zack's 7th-grade team tied 6 to 6. So now they have two wins and one tie. Josh's JV team started its season by losing 21 to 8. The first quarter was 0 to 14. So the last three quarters was 8 to 7. Not a good start, but a good finish. Tracy and I enjoyed the game along with Josh's grandparents (Bob and Wilma Reed). Enjoyable afternoon was had by all!

I have not connected with sister Jean for about one week. Hope to contact her later today. So I'm not sure what exactly is going on. Still hoping for much needed surgery this coming Monday. Prayers are definitely needed. They are appreciated. Stay tuned!

The Red Sox seem to have things under control. Hope they continue their winning ways. Could have best record in their league. Need this for home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. Please don't collapse now! Please!

We are getting immersed in the football season as well. Don't really have a handle on how the Patriots will do. They barely won their first game and will meet the Jets tomorrow night. Will have a better feel for the season after this game. Go Pats! (For our Indiana family: Go Colts!)

Just a brief mention as to how I spent my Saturday. Went to a show featuring model planes and cars. Witnessed a fantastic air show. A couple of talented teenagers stole the show with their flying of planes and helicopters. Very impressive. Also enjoyed the car races. Glen and Josh also were in attendance. Glen raced last year but couldn't fit it into his schedule this year. We all enjoyed the show. Hope to attend next year. I'll be there!

I have written enough. Proofreader and editor won't be happy with so much bloviating. Sooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: