Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Aggravation: It's Making Me Patient (?)

It's a fact:  The cable company exists in order to develop my patience.

Verlie's room got switched at the nursing home a couple weeks ago.  So I called to transfer her basic cable service.  (Notice that I said "basic."  Nothing fancy.  Easy, right?)

The service itself was switched over.  She is able to watch TV.  But that's the only thing that has gone right!

I just made my third phone call to try to get the billing corrected (long story).  I have given up.

Tomorrow the folks at the cable company will see the whites of my eyes at their local office.

Here's the thing:  The person that I will see is not responsible for the cable company's original mess-up.  So I will be polite... and patient.

Wish me luck.

No comments: