Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Dad 141: A New Patriot

(Welcome back to New England, Danny Amendola! Enjoy Dad's post! -- Tracy)

Derf Here! First day of Spring! A bright sunny day in the northeast quadrant. To think we received around 11 inches of snow yesterday. Last year on this date we had people sunning themselves on the beach. They certainly would look out of place today relaxing in snow on the beach. This storm gives a total snowfall this winter season of just about 100 inches. Haven't heard the final tabulation yet. That's over 8 feet of the white stuff. Really more than we need!

Well, I finished my snowplowing for the day. I hope for the year. Didn't really clean up and shovel as much as usual as I'm planning on the spring weather to take care of the snow in the next few days. It is that time of year, don't you know? I'm ready for "mowing the lawn" season now. Please get here! Quickly! Thanks!

It has now been one week since I had my colonoscopy. Still waiting for final reports. Expect to hear within the next couple days. Sure am much happier today than I was one week ago. Not to mention my stomach is a lot "fuller." What a great feeling. Hopefully I can give you anticipated favorable results next week. Stay tuned!

The big news in this area is that Wes Welker has left the Patriots and signed on with the Broncos. Perhaps the best receiver over the last six years has been lost. He leaves Brady for Peyton. A Big Loss!

The Patriots wasted no time in signing Danny Amendola to replace Welker. This turned out to be very interesting to me. Back in 1987 I hired a young man to teach social studies and coach football while I was principal at Massabesic High School. His name was Willie Amendola. He came to us from Texas and was a very fine coach and teacher. (I didn't realize it then, but he had a sister living in Falmouth. About one year ago his sister died and I saw his name listed as her brother.) Willie only stayed one year with us. He returned to Texas to further his coaching career at a much higher level than we have here in Maine. He was here as Massabesic moved up to Class A when our student population rose to the necessary level to compete in that class. He did a fine job for us. I was sorry to see him return to Texas. As I was reading about Danny Amendola, the new Patriot, I was surprised to see his dad is Willy Amendola. Small world! Willie just won a state championship in Texas at his high school. I'll be watching Danny Amendola with keen eyes this fall.

Go Pats!!

Still requesting prayers for sister Jean as she continues to struggle with her recovery from surgery. Thank you for your prayers.

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!