Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Dad 140: The Appointment

(While waiting during Dad's appointment today, I enjoyed some guilt-free reading. Enjoy his post! -- Tracy)

Derf Here! From a cloudy Northeast. The sun is not shining brightly, but temperatures are climbing, perhaps to 50°. The experts say the weather will cool off in the next few days.

My editor has advised me she would appreciate a short blog today as her day is and has been busy. You see, her middle day's hours were spent transporting "yours truly" to my appointment for my second colonoscopy in the past five years. Her driving was impeccable and here I am back home. Finally a chance to have something to eat. I already have had a bowl of cereal and a banana. What a pleasure!

The procedure was painless and I even got to watch a little of it on the screen. I was waking up towards the end of the procedure. This allowed me to have some feelings (nothing painful) and view the screen. I don't remember this too vividly as I was still a little groggy.

If any of you are in need of a colonoscopy, please do it. The process itself is painless. It is not too pleasurable getting ready for the moment, however. I ate nothing after 6:00 PM Monday evening. I took a total of six Dulcolax tablets and drank two 10-ounce bottles of prep juice. I think this was magnesium citrate. And I drank water to the extent of around three quarters or more. I think I lost weight.

I'm sitting here watching white smoke rising from the Sistine Chapel as a new Pope has been elected. Don't know who it is yet, but it is a part of history.

That about does it for me today with one more request for sister Jean. She continues on her road to recovery. A few appointments necessary in the next two weeks. And perhaps another surgery. So keep up the prayers that she can beat this and get back on solid foods. Thanks! I want to go out to eat with her on my next visit!

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: