Sunday, September 24, 2023

Lew and I Host a Gathering

We are long-term subscribers to WORLD Magazine. I also get the weekly "Roundup" newsletters various WORLD writers send via e-mail.

Several months ago I wrote to Steve, the writer of one of the newsletters. He had told a story about how he and his wife had a bat in their bedroom. This reminded me of our own story, of course! You can read our story right here on Mainely Tracy:

Superkitty (July 26, 2012)

I sent our bat tale to Steve. He thought it was hilarious, and he published part of it in his newsletter. Jerry was definitely the hero! A few weeks later I sent Steve a photo of Jerry looking at a page from WORLD Magazine — a page with a photo of Steve and his own cat.

Our subsequent correspondence led to a gathering of WORLD Magazine donors in Maine. Steve and his wife flew to Maine yesterday morning. We had a fun meetup at our house with them and 12 other donors who responded to Steve's invitation. It really was a great time....

And everyone got to meet Jerry, the "CATalyst" for how this came to be!

Jerry reads WORLD.

No comments: