Monday, February 7, 2022

Vital Visits and Big Books

The days are blending together. When asked how things are going, my answer is usually, "We're in a holding pattern." And I mean that in a good way.

I continue to visit Mom in the early afternoon each day. (Exceptions are illness or bad road conditions due to weather.) These daily visits consist of her drinking the Ensure I bring, my reading the Bible to her (a Psalm plus a passage from a Gospel), playing the pop-the-bubble game, and a puzzle or two. Several days a week we also video chat with Kim, who is joined quite often by Joe, Kaelen, and Cocoa! The daily visits from me and Dad have really made a difference for Mom. I'm so glad the shut-down is behind us,

I've had some what I call "big books" to read for quite a while. So a couple weeks ago I started setting weekly goals to try to get these books read; usually a chapter a week. I then break it down into daily weekday goals. I reserve the weekends for catching up. I currently am concentrating on two "big books." I just started week three and I'm sticking with it so far.

In addition to the "big books" I am fitting in some regular-length books. Yes, I really like to read!

No comments: