Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Dad 606: The Nuclear Option

(Dad had quite the day. Enjoy his post! ~ Tracy)
 
Derf Here! Another nice day with sun and temperatures about 40°. A good day for melting and clearing out some of the ice left in our driveway. Lew was able to clear out all the ice that was in front of our garage doors. Good job, Lew. The driveway looks great!
 
I did not go and see Lou today even though I returned home by about 3:00PM. How did I spend my day? I am about to tell you....
 
Appointment at my cardiology office. For what? For a nuclear stress test using medication to open all veins, which would happen if you walked on a treadmill. Checking for blocked veins.
 
After the first round of medication, they took pictures (sort of like X-rays). Then a rest period until the second round of nuclear medication. A much higher dosage the second time! The nuclear medicine takes 90 seconds to expand all the veins. Then another rest period until the third round, which was more like the first round.
 
They also added a two-day heart monitor.
 
Then I went home! Tracy called me when I get home so I could talk to Lou.
 
I meet with a new doctor tomorrow.
 
Until next time!
 
Toodle Pip!
 
Derf!

No comments: