Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Dad 502: A Fall in Winter

(Neither Lew nor I were home on Friday. Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)
 
Derf Here! Enjoying another spring-like day in the late winter. Temperatures are in or about the low 40s. A really nice day. We'll take it.
 
Well, I always see on television that people over 65 will fall this year. I think it says one out of three. Well, I have been one that did last Friday. I went out on our porch to empty our basket of recycle items. I was very careful because it was sort of icy. As I attempted to enter our entryway I made the floor in under a second. And I made a large noise. Now here I am on my face in an entryway that is not very large. I closed the door with my feet and managed to finally rise up in about 15 minutes. This was after I answered Spouse's question, "Are you all right?" I said yes. I was able to get a hold onto a door knob to get up. My first family member to see me was Jerry the cat. I've managed to stay upright since then.
 
Tuesday I go to Maine Medical Center for a cardioversion. Hopefully this will get my heart regularly beating again (AFib). Must be there at 7:00 AM and hope to be home by noon. Stay tuned.
 
Until next time!
 
Toodle Pip!
 
Derf!

No comments: