Friday, January 31, 2020

We Meet Ursula

Last Saturday Lew and I went to a show at the Maine State Ballet with some friends. (Their daughter, Laura, was in the performance.) We went out to eat with them and another couple afterward. The rest of this post is about our waitress....

Our waitress.

I use the term loosely.

She could have been the inspiration for the character Ursula (played by Lisa Kudrow) on the TV show "Mad About You."

It took her half an hour to figure out we were in her section — and she had to be told this after one of our party went to the hostess. "Oh, I walked by you several times, ha ha!"

She brought us some drinks.

After about 20 minutes, she walked by our table and said, "I have to bring some food out, then I'll be right back to take your order."

Another 15 minutes goes by. "I have to bring some food out, then I'll be right back to take your order."  I'm not kidding.

She finally comes and takes our order, which consists of sandwiches and a salad.

Over the next 30-40 minutes she obviously avoids our table, but finally comes to tell us, "I did put your order in, but the kitchen is really behind. It will be right out."

You may be wondering why we are still at this restaurant. At the time, we were wondering as well! At least we were having fun hanging out together.

Our food finally did come and it was delicious.

So we survived meeting Ursula. That's not her real name, but that's how I will remember her. 😀

No comments: