Saturday, January 4, 2020

Lew's Logbook: Restaurant Closings

(Lew writes for the blog today. Enjoy! ~ Tracy)

We have had a rash of restaurant closings recently. First one to go was a Scarborough icon, Anjon's.

The second notice was that Cole Farms in Gray is locking its doors. Cole Farms is a landmark in southern Maine and, at one time, was probably the most popular after-church-for-lunch place around.

Lastly (for now at least) we heard that Famous Dave’s has had enough of Scarborough, Maine.

I must confess that I have contributed to the demise of these places because it has been years since I’ve been to any of them. (Never been to Anjon’s, which is by far the closest to where we live.)

The Anjon’s building already has a new occupant and will be opening January 17 under the name “Amore on the Marsh”. I’ve heard that it will be a little more affordable than Anjon’s, so I am already making plans to have dinner there. If they don’t make it I don’t want anyone blaming it on me.

I've included a picture of our cats because pictures are fun.

Marilyn and Jerry.

No comments: