Saturday, December 21, 2019

Lew's Logbook: Christmas Wrapping

(Lew worked hard today and he even wrote this blog post. Enjoy! ~ Tracy)


There is a gift that I have not thought about until today. It is the gift of wrapping.

Each year we have a day when I sit at the table in the back room and Tracy brings me gift after gift and I wrap them. This is not a willy-nilly process. I take time to pick out the right wrapping paper and the right ribbon (I insist on putting ribbons on Christmas presents) for the person who will be receiving the gift. I care about what the finished product looks like so I probably take too much time.

Tracy told me I wrapped 20 presents today. It took me several hours and a whole role of tape.

Of course each person that receives one of my carefully wrapped gifts will just rip off the paper and not even think about the time and care that went into the wrapping. But I will know.

Merry Christmas!




No comments: