Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Dad 493: The Return of Spouse

(I am very thankful for the dictating app on my iPad! Enjoy Dad's extra-long post! ~ Tracy)
 
Derf Here! After two days of rain and temperatures reaching 50°, we started today in the 20s and with clouds. The sun did show up this afternoon, and the inch or so of snow we received last night still shows on the grass. Rain again predicted for next Monday. Better than snow – I think so!
 
Spouse is now home and we have been busy. Brought her home Thursday and took her for a haircut on Friday. Also met an in-home nurse, Charlie, on Friday.
 
Saturday and Sunday passed uneventfully as we watched a lot of football (college and pro).
 
Monday I had a general cleanup of my feet with my podiatrist. Everything went well and will go back in a few weeks while band-aiding a little toe as a precaution. All is good! Also met Spouse's occupational therapist on Monday. Her name is Beth and she will be back again on Monday.
 
Tuesday we both had a doctor's appointment with our primary care physician. It was a good session for us both. Then we met Spouse's physical therapist (Laurie) who gave Spouse a good workout. It tired her out. Good!
 
Today we got a phone call. I didn't answer it because I did not know who she was. It was a nurse, Jean, who wanted to make an appointment. I returned her call. Jean showed up and a good visit was had. Jean is replacing Charlie as Spouse's nurse after a patient exchange. All is well.
 
Also canceled an appointment made by the rehab center. Did so after talking to our PCP.
 
Just got back from the store with a few things. Brings us up-to-date.
 
Next in-home visit will be on Friday (the 13th) with Spouse's physical therapist. And then the weekend. Another week of visits will follow.
 
Sorry that Tracy has about twice as much to type today. I'll try not to do this again, Tracy. Please forgive the length of this.
 
Until next time!
 
Toodle Pip!
 
Derf!

No comments: