Saturday, May 19, 2018

Lew's Logbook: Bird Feeder

(Lew writes today. Enjoy! ~ Tracy)

Both of our cats enjoy sitting on a table looking out a window in our living room.  I thought that it might be a good idea to put a bird feeder outside of that window so the cats could be entertained.  

I’ve never used a bird feeder before so I was a little surprised to learn that it could take two or three weeks for birds to find and trust the new food source.  

It was day three that I saw my first feeders.  I was very excited.  For those of you who don’t know, our property borders a nature preserve so I am not surprised that our feeder was found quickly.  

All of this got me to thinking about my current life status.  Is it a good thing to get excited about birds finding and using my bird feeder?  I’m going to say "yes" because I have noticed that the older I get the more I enjoy life’s simple pleasures.  

We’ve often heard that we should “stop and smell the roses”.  Well, I stop to watch the bird feeder.  I think it’s the same idea.



No comments: