Saturday, September 30, 2017

Our Phone Works!

Sometimes the last resort really should be considered earlier.

Fortunately, I heeded the above advice last night. (This is advice I gave myself.)

I spent about 10 minutes reading online to try to figure out the problem with our phone. I got absolutely nowhere. I couldn't even determine if our phone was even hooked up or not.

So I marched downstairs and told Lew, "I'm calling."

The wait was going to be a billion hours (not quite that long, but close), but fortunately the cable company has a callback option. So I didn't have to stay on the phone the whole time, and they called me back when it was my turn. (If you are wondering, "How did she call if her phone wasn't working?" — I used my cell!)

Lew wasn't convinced I would receive a call, but about 20 minutes later I was speaking to a wonderful guy named Rich. He quickly determined that our modem had not been activated properly on their end, and he took care of everything. He was awesome.... I think I'm in love.

By the way, Lew was also awesome with the phone project. He did all of the manual labor. The new phone system we purchased is all hooked up and our old phones are in a pile, awaiting their demise. Thank you, Lew, for your hard work.... I know I'm in love.  💗

No comments: