Saturday, September 9, 2017

Lew's Logbook: Grocery Store Marvel

(Lew writes tonight. And I don't think he's weird at all! ~ Tracy)

I usually go grocery shopping twice a week. I have the time and Tracy really doesn’t like to go. (I asked her if she wanted to go with me one day this week and she said “nah”.)

Most times when I am at our local Hannaford I think about how amazing it is that they have all this food here every time I come. There are always blueberries and strawberries available (quality and price vary) no matter the time of year. All kinds of other fruits and vegetables are always in stock. Fresh breads, meats and bakery items tempt me all the way through the store.

I guess I am a little weird to think about such a thing, but it just goes to the fact that we live in the most wonderful country in the world and I thank God for it. I even feel blessed sometimes when I am running water in the sink because I know that most of the people in this world struggle for clean drinking water.

I guess that I am a little weird, but I am very grateful to my Heavenly Father and I don’t want to take anything for granted. (Thinking about it, my attitude may have something to do with the year that I spent in South Viet Nam and seeing a third-world country up close and personal.)

No comments: