Tuesday, May 16, 2017

A Lovely Stroll

It was such a beautiful day that Lew and I took an old-fashioned stroll when I got home from work.

As we started walking down the sidewalk hand-in-hand, I heard someone yell, "Hi, guys!" It was our neighbor across the street. He, his wife, and two children were all outside. So Lew and I crossed over to visit for a few minutes. Their daughter rushed into my arms and I picked her up for one of the best hugs ever. Their little boy rushed to Lew but then was bashful with me. After the hugs, the two children presented us with some flowers from their garden.

We crossed back and continued on our walk. When we got near the school we stepped aside to let a young woman and her dog go around us. She said her dog was a "man with a mission."

Shortly after that we encountered two more friends who were walking in the opposite direction. We stopped and had a nice sidewalk chat.

We still hadn't reached our intended destination when the gal with the dog was already on her way back! I told her, "We ran into some friends. We're really not this slow." She laughed. And I think the dog may have laughed, too.

When we were on the return half of our walk, we went by a family sitting outside on their front lawn. They waved and we waved back. Gorgeous weather makes everyone feel neighborly!

It really was a lovely stroll.

The flowers.  :)

No comments: