Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Dad 325: What About Fred?

(My father's question about his namesake bear is inspiring me to write a sequel. Ha ha! Enjoy his post!  ~  Tracy)

Derf Here! Week's weather is full of unstable days. We may even get some rain. Next Tuesday will be the definite start of bright sun. Perhaps we will have some sun before then. We hope!

I read for the first time last night on Mainely Tracy about poor Fred the Bear. This was written forty years ago, but I had not seen it before yesterday. Poor Fred the Bear! I hope they let him out of the cage after hibernation. Do I have an answer? (Or did he expire?)

Well, our Red Sox are down to a magic number of one. Could have clinched the division last night but lost in their bid for twelve straight wins. Maybe tonight. One other goal is to have the best record in the league for home field advantage throughout the playoffs. Go, Red Sox!

Zack's high school team defeated Sanford last weekend. Sanford was my high school and I also taught there four years in the sixties.  Two weeks in a row Zack and his teammates defeated schools that I have previous connections with. I am thrilled with the results.

Josh's Maine Maritime team was not as fortunate as Zack's was. However, Josh, in his third college game, became a starter. Congratulations, Josh! We watched all of Josh's game via streaming.

That's it, folks!

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

No comments: