Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Dad 197: Televisions, Telephones, and Refrigerators

(Will the excitement never end?! Enjoy Dad's post! ~ Tracy)

Derf Here! Woke up this morning to a below-freezing temperature and a fresh coat of snow. What a joy! I'm writing this as I wait in the parking lot of our family doctor. Spouse is here for her checkup. It is now afternoon and the sun has been out for a few hours. The morning chill and the new snow have completely disappeared. Quite nice out! Still have some snow to look at across the street at Ken's Place. No more snow on our land. Let the grass grow and turn green.

Today, I'll let you in on my morning. It has been interesting.

First, I was watching the morning news and made a trip to the sink. Upon returning to the television it was a screen that was totally red. I checked all channels with the same results. Turned TV off and then back on. Same results. I found the necessary materials and called the dealer. Was informed to call company that my warranty is with. That conversation took care of all needed info and they would be in touch with the dealer. It was then that I decided to unplug set by turning off power strip. Waited a few minutes and turned switch back on. The picture came back on. It was then that I received a call from dealer as the warranty company had sent word to his shop. I told him it was on and working well. Should I call the warranty people? Advised to continue watching and see if the red screen appears again. If no red screen shows up, I'll cancel my warranty request. If I am going to have a problem, I hope it happens before June 2015. That's when my warranty expires. Occasionally, I do have to turn off power strip to reboot system. Never had a red screen before. (It was a nice shade of red.)

Yesterday Tracy dropped over to tell me she had changed to a different plan (with the same carrier) for her landline phone. It is exactly the same criteria but about $20 cheaper. I decided to call today to get the cheaper plan. Well my first call locally was unable to connect as there was a problem in the phone line. So I went to the 800-number. I finally spoke to a human. I was told it was impossible to change to the new plan unless I added Direct TV or Internet. I told the person Tracy did not add anything. The conversation continued for a few minutes and I was told no supervisors were available. I hung up. Tracy then happened to drop over. I called back and spoke to a different person. I was told the same thing. Our conversation took us to the point where I considered canceling my plan and reconnecting if I could have the same number. This would allow me to get the new plan. I was transferred to a person knowing about cancellation. I told her what I wanted to do. She changed my plan (without having to cancel) and said she would speak to her supervisor about the problem of being told it could not be done without a service addition. Success!

Then, Spouse tried to get ice in her cup from the refrigerator. Well, guess what? No ice and no future ice in the slots. So I'll be calling the appliance store upon my return home and perhaps buy a new refrigerator instead of spending a couple hundred dollars on a 10-year-old unit. Stay tuned!

Hopefully Spouse will be out of the office soon and we can return home.

Then I'll order KFC and all will be well. Soooo....

Until next time!

Toodle Pip!

Derf!

 

No comments: