Saturday, April 13, 2024

Mouse Out of the House!

Not wanting to risk another middle-of-the-night ruckus due to the mouse, Lew and I decided to flush him out.

Because of how the kitties were acting, we knew the mouse was behind or under the bookcase beside my recliner. Lew pulled the bookcase away from the wall, and the mouse went scurrying.

He made it underneath a corner piece, safe from the two kitties that were stalking him.

I tried to lure the mouse out with cheese, but he wasn't biting. He eventually ran back under the bookcase.

Lew believes the mouse was getting desperate for food, because he (the mouse) eventually emerged. The kitties chased him back to his hiding spot.

He came out again. The kitties chased him.

This went on for about an hour. At one point the mouse came out and sat still, as did the kitties. It was at this point I realized our cats were "playing" instead of making serious attempts to catch the mouse.

When Marilyn chased the mouse into our small bathroom (which is beneath our staircase), we knew we were in luck. Although it is small quarters, Lew and I both went into the bathroom and shut the door. The space under the door is tight (old house!), so we knew the mouse couldn't get out.

So it is the mouse, Marilyn, Lew, and I in the bathroom. Marilyn and the mouse are playing peek-a-boo back and forth behind the toilet.

I had brought in the tupperware bowl (from yesterday's post) and was ready for when the mouse decided to come out into the open floor.

And he finally did!

I trapped him under the bowl. We put Marilyn outside of the bathroom, and I carefully slid the bowl over the small area rug. Lew took it from there.... He folded the area rug around the bowl, tipped the bowl over, and subsequently released the mouse outside.

Phew!

Jerry and Marilyn then crashed, exhausted from the "hunt" — and I use that term loosely!

🐭😼😸

No comments: